Being present on the internet is an essential prerogative for a brand; staying out of it would mean enormously limiting one's range of action on the market. It is no coincidence that the internet has reached a level of consideration that competes with, or rather outclasses, the traditional media.
So every self-respecting company, large or small, must own one online space that can act as a virtual showroom, in which to show its services and products to users. This occurs with the creating a website which represents the meeting point with visitors, a real advertising vehicle with which to show off.
To do this it is necessary to make use of precise indications, such as the optimization of the site itself and (as we have seen in previous posts) the creation of contents written following the directives SEO. However, even more so in the latter case, it is easy to fall into error, drastically limiting the possibility of increasing the views of the truly interested public, making all the work done in vain.
10 common mistakes with seo keywords
SEO, acronym for Search Engine Optimization, is that strategy aimed at improve the indexing of content pubblicato all’interno del proprio sito. Rappresenta un fattore ormai indispensabile per una corretta online advertising. The key element of this system is the choice of seo keywords, the so-called keywords on which to base the text.
In this case, not infrequently, one can come across possible mistakes, especially young copywriters struggling with their first editorial experiences.
How to choose keywords from an SEO perspective
10 common mistakes with SEO keywords: to limit the risks here are 10 suggestions for a correct choice with the benefits of better indexing.
- Attenzione maggiore alla scelta delle keywords, ma scarsa considerazione del testo. It may seem like obvious advice, but many people overlook this consideration, making all their efforts in vain. The content, in addition to being drawn up following the SEO instructions, must be written correctly, without grammatical errors and above all engaging, so that the reader can become passionate or interested in the proposed service;
- Choice of irrelevant terms to the theme on which you want to focus the text. To capture a greater number of visitors, generic keywords with broad appeal and very high search percentages are often chosen. However, there is a serious risk of going beyond this, dealing with elements that are inappropriate and above all not very relevant to the context;
- Prefer only expressions most sought after. Questo punto si collega direttamente al precedente. Può risultare controproducente prediligere le keyword aventi un elevato tasso di ricerca; al massimo possono essere utilizzate come secondarie. Ciò non garantisce un maggior numero di conversioni, in quanto molti consumers sono interessati ad un aspetto specifico della tematica che viene proposta;
- Excessive repetition. Continuously inserting the same words greatly penalizes your positioning on search engines. A valid trick is to use synonyms that facilitate the insertion of so-called secondary keywords, which are also absolutely necessary;
- Forgetting to place them at crucial points. It's okay not to be repetitive, but the "pivotal points" must be placed in strategic positions. For example in the title, in the description, in the H2s, at the beginning, at the end of the article and so on. Without these details the results would be poor;
- Don't rely on territoriality. For example, if you are a professional who works mainly in the local area, it is advisable to carry out a geolocalised search. For a dentist in Florence various options would be: dentist in Florence, teeth cleaning in Florence etc.;
- Do not vary. Writing multiple texts with the same main content is certainly counterproductive, both due to the consequent lower attention received from users and the poor results in terms of reaching the top positions on Google searches;
- Don't put yourself in your target audience's shoes. A crucial aspect is often forgotten, namely paying attention to consumer requests. We must therefore hypothesize what searches a user carries out, specifically what terms they type into the search engine;
- Few secondary keywords. Closely linked to the previous point, inserting further relevant potentially searched expressions, usually up to a maximum of 9 plus the main one, favors better indexing;
- Not checking which keywords you are ranking for. this is a serious oversight that many professionals tend to forget. Observing which aspects you are well indexed on allows you to pay more vigorous attention to those in which it is necessary to implement remedies.
Tag: 10 common mistakes , common mistakes with keywords, pSEO keywords, google keywords, SEO keyword errors, SEO keyword errors.